We're all about the shine!
No matter your project we'll make chrome plating a breeze AND stay in your budget. The chromium plating is usually applied over bright nickel plating. Typical base materials include steel, aluminium, plastic, copper alloys, and zinc alloys.
Decorative chrome plating is also very corrosion resistant and is often used on car parts, tools and kitchen utensils.
- Classic Car and Truck Restoration
- Plumbing Projects
- Bumper and Reinforcement Repair
- Nickle, Copper, and Gold Plating
- Clear Anodizing
- Triple Plating & Replating
- Production Plating
- Custom Plating
- Passivation On Stainless
- Expert Auto Customization
- Professional Auto Services
- Chrome for Antique Cars, Motorcycles, and Barber Chairs
- Decorative Chrome Plating & Polishing
- Local Chrome Plating & Polishing Services
- Experts in Chrome Plating & Metal Polishing
- Chrome Plating Services
- Metal Plating
What is Chrome Plating?
Chrome Plating is an electromechanical process for depositing metal chrome where it is desired. This process increases the hardness & durability of a surface.
Chrome Plating Facts
- Prevents corrosion.
- Chrome mitigates the risk of rust - Capable of withstanding weather extremes. Chrome Plating is not prone to receiving damage due to temperature or different humidity levels.
- Cost-effective way to restore old items to like-new condition. Makes a shiny smooth surface to clean.
- Shape of equipment doesn't matter as plating can be modified to fit unusual shapes.
- Substrate material remains undamaged during the chrome plating application.
Decorative Chrome Plating
- Chrome can be applied to anything and everything - to improve its appearance and quality.
- When chrome is used purely for aesthetics it's known as Decorative Chrome Plating.
- DCP is done different than hard chrome plating. Which is also called engineering or functional chrome plating.
- When chrome is applied for aesthetic purposes it goes on in a much thinner layer than when it is meant primarily for practical purposes.
Functional Chrome Plating
- Hard Chrome plating aka Functional Chrome Plating is often applied to components and tools that need to hold up a lot of wear like hydraulic cylinders.
- Hard chrome plating involves a considerable thicker layer.
- Hard chrome plating involves heavy coatings of chromium in order to provide wear resistance, oil retention, and lubricity. It is not decorative and is instead used to add durability to such things as piston rings, hydraulic cylinder rods, thread guides and molds.
Example of things QBS has chrome plated in the past
- Handlebars for motorcycles (Old School, Harley Davidson)
- Stove Burner Covers
- Metal on Old School Chairs
- Chain Sprocket on Motorcycles
- Tractor Parts
- Shower Parts - Handles - Shower Heads - etc.
When clients call for chrome plating - the number one thing we tell them is to bring their products to the shop to determine the price and/or if we're able to chrome plate whatever product they need.